Incident Investigation Training Course
Learn to use the license-fee-free SOURCE™ root cause analysis (RCA) methodology for investigating incidents. This methodology will help you initiate a root cause analysis incident investigation, gather data for investigating all types of incidents, collect data through interviews and parts analyses, apply powerful techniques (timelines, cause and effect trees, Root Cause Map™, and 5-whys) for causal factor and root cause identification.
Root Cause Analysis Training
Avoid future incidents by developing appropriate recommendations using our four-level recommendation development guidance to address each of the causal factors and root causes, structure reports for optimum effectiveness, develop your data-trending process to identify systemic problem areas and more.
You'll walk away with your course notebook, a copy of our Root Cause Analysis Handbook, our Excel and Visio templates and access to our online resources for you and your entire organization - no licensing fees to pay.
Combine this course with Human Error Prevention and save
Combine this course with Advanced Root Cause Analysis and save
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
- Anyone who needs to learn incident investigation skills
- Anyone who needs to know how to meet requirements of standards and regulations for investigation of incidents with safety, health, reliability, environmental, and quality impacts
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN THIS COURSE?
- Learn how to investigate serious and complex incidents
- Learn the importance of near-miss investigations, incident classification, and data trending
- Learn how to identify root causes (not just causal factors) using proven techniques
- Come away from the course with: step-by-step guides for causal factor charting, timelines and cause and effect trees; access to ABS Group's extensive online resources; complete solutions to example problems; the SOURCE Investigator's Toolkit™ to help you gather and organize your data; a Root Cause Map™ for your company to use; a 300-page Root Cause Analysis Handbook that includes details on using the Root Cause Map; and a FREE Excel® template for documenting causal factor charts and cause and effect trees.
- 2 CEUs, 2 COCs, 3.17 CMs, ABIH approval #10-230
Bundle course and save!
Root Cause Analysis and Advanced Root Cause Analysis Combination
Root Cause Analysis and Human Error Prevention Combination
Root Cause Analysis and Cultural Cause Analysis Combination