|Next Course||Class Type||Address||City||State||Price|
|9/26/2024 10:00 AM - 4:46 PM EST||830 Corridor Park Blvd., Suite 100||Knoxville||TN||$1,325.00|
This advanced 2-day follow on course to our standard 3-day RCA course (Course 120) allows attendees to learn advanced techniques and gain additional insight from our experienced investigators. Although we cover core topics in every offering, the course content is tailored each time to address the specific needs of the participants. We solicit input from each of the participants in advance so we can address the key concerns and issues of each attendee.
You will participate in additional workshops related to timelines, cause and effect trees, interviewing, physical data analysis plans, near-miss definitions and reporting, and trending. Attendees also receive an overview of how to structure an effective investigation program for their company, including how to define near misses, train others to recognize and report incidents, classify incidents for assigning the appropriate investigator(s), and trend data. You will take back to your company an example of a successful incident reporting and investigation program.
Our standard 3-day RCA course (Course 120) is a prerequisite for this course. For public courses, we offer both courses in the same week. Register for both Course 120 (standard 3-day course) and Course 122 (Advanced RCA) and save $300 by signing up for the combined course, Course 120-122.
Combine this course with Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation and save!
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Those who need to know the importance of near-miss investigations, incident classification, and data trending
- Those who need to be equipped to investigate serious, complex incidents
- Those who want additional workshops in areas such as causal factor charting, cause and effect trees, etc.
What Will I Learn in This Course?
- Identify root causes (not just causal factors) with proven techniques
- Collect data through interviews and physical data analyses – numerous workshops are used to reinforce these topics
- Apply powerful techniques for causal factor identification, including causal factor charting, cause and effect trees, change analysis, and timelines
- Use ABS Consulting's Root Cause Map™ to aid in root cause identification
- Avoid future incidents by developing appropriate recommendations to address causal factors and root causes
- Structure reports for optimum effectiveness
- Develop your data-trending process to identify systemic problem areas
- Receive valuable materials: The SOURCE Investigator's Toolkit to help you gather and organize your data; a Root Cause Map for your company to use; a 300-page Root Cause Analysis Handbook that includes details on the use of the Root Cause Map; and a FREE Excel® template for documenting causal factor charts and cause and effect tree
- 1.2 CEUs, 1.2 COCs, 5.01 CMs, ABIH approval #10-232
DURATION: 2 DAYS
Ms. Julie Ott - General Manager, ABS Consulting
Mr. Lee Vanden Heuvel - Manager of Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis Services and Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
Quickly identify the root causes of any type of incident, event, accident, near miss, reliability problem, quality impact, or business loss using LEADER™ software.