Learn practical methods for performing process hazard analyses (PHAs) of systems, procedures, and computer software using the hazard and operability (HAZOPs), what if / what-if, and checklist analysis techniques that address federal regulatory requirements. Qualify as a knowledgeable PHA leader, as required by OSHA and EPA, and be eligible for certification as a PHA leader. The fifth day of this course involves training on the LEADER™ PHA software, which is a separate charge.
Note: Upon paid registration, we will contact you to complete the discounted software license purchase. If you already own a license, we will verify your maintenance status and contact you if necessary.
Install the software on your laptop and bring it to class so you can participate in the workshop.
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Anyone who needs to learn how to apply HAZOP, what-if, and checklist analyses to any process or system in industries such as chemical, petroleum, pulp and paper, explosives, mining, iron and steel, pharmaceuticals, and consumer products
Benefits of Attending:
- Learn from experts how to perform a PHA, including collecting information, selecting the team, leading a meeting, and documenting results
- Focus on human factors issues to analyze procedures in areas such as startup, shutdown, and maintenance
- Take home valuable materials to help you on the job
- 2.6 CEUs, 2.6 COCs, 4.34 CMs, ABIH approval #10-222
- 3.1 CEUs, 3.1 COCs, 4.34 CMs, ABIH approval #10-222 (5-day course)
Mr. Donald Lorenzo - Director, ABS Consulting Training Services - Professional Engineer (P.E.), Technical Trainer, ABS Consulting
Mr. David Whittle - Director of Process Safety Services, ABS Consulting
Mr. Thomas Williams - Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting