This course focuses on the principles involved in the design of safety instrumented systems (SIS) that conform to the requirements of ANSI/ISA-61511-2018. (IEC 61511 Mod). In this intensive 2-day course, we will teach you how to evaluate the need for a safety instrumented function (SIF), evaluate potential system architectures, and analyze the system to determine its predicted performance, from both a risk reduction and reliability standpoint.
Combine this course with Layer of Protection Analysis and save!
Duration: In-person 2 days; Virtual 2.5 days, 6 hours per day
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Those who will be involved in the design, evaluation, operation and maintenance of safety instrumented systems
What Will I Learn in This Course?
- Learn how to design, specify and evaluate performance of safety instrumented functions within a safety instrumented system
- Learn the importance of good maintenance procedures for the integrity of your systems
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory requirements for safety instrumented systems
- 1.2 CEUs, 1.2 COCs, 2.0 CMs, ABIH approval #10-242