Effective risk management requires a thorough understanding of the accident pathways linking threats to potentially catastrophic consequences and the measures implemented to prevent this happening. Bowtie diagrams provide a simple visualization of the relationships and the barriers preventing the catastrophic consequences. Barrier diagrams are easy to interpret unlike the complex and/or numerical results from other risk assessment methods (e.g. PHA, QRA, LOPA) in a way that is easier for non-experts, workforce, engineers and managers to understand.
This course introduces the Barrier Methodology and provides an awareness of its uses by working through the steps involved to identify process safety layers.
Who Should Attend This Course?
- People who would like to understand whether Barrier Diagrams would add value to their organization
- People who have been tasked with creating or using Barrier Diagrams
What Will I Learn in This Course?
- Fundamentals of the Barrier (Bowtie) Methodology
- How to create effective, succinct, Barrier diagrams that will add benefit to your organization
- How to correctly apply the methodology in managing risks and maximize benefits
DURATION: 1 DAY
Dr. Brad Eccles - Operations Director, UK
Dr. Mark Manton