n this course attendees learn how to efficiently revalidate process hazard analyses (PHAs). By learning how to use a revalidation decision tree, attendees gain a productive revalidation tool that accounts for management goals, previous documentation, PHA quality, and operating history. Whether or not you are subject to the U.S. OSHA process safety management (PSM) regulation (29 CFR 1910.119), it is considered a recognized and generally accepted industry practice to update or revalidate PHAs or other types of risk analyses every 5 years to confirm that the "risk picture" of the process or facility has not changed.
Combine this course with Advanced PHA Leader and Management of Change and save!
The virtual course will run Monday and Tuesday 10am - 5pm and Wednesday 10am - 1pm Eastern Time.
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Anyone who needs to determine an appropriate approach for revalidation
- Anyone who needs to effectively address previous PHA deficiencies
- Anyone who needs to prepare for and document a PHA revalidation
- All course participants should be trained in leading PHAs (such as the instruction provided in Process Hazard Analysis Leader or a similar course)
- Those who have basic PHA leadership skills may want to consider taking the Advanced PHA Leader course or the Layer of Protection Analysis course
What Will I Learn in This Course?
- Discover how to identify a revalidation approach that will work for your PHAs
- Learn ways to lead a team through a revalidation analysis that satisfies OSHA and EPA requirements
- Gain a thorough understanding of your options for addressing PHA revalidation requirements
- Learn what resources may be required to perform a revalidation and how to use them more efficiently
- Learn how to prepare for, perform, and document a revalidation analysis to make future analyses easier and to produce a report useful to other end users in your company
- 1.2 CEUs, 1.2 COCs, 2.0 CMs, ABIH approval #10-225
Mr. David Whittle - Director of Process Safety Services, ABS Consulting