With increasing cyber-attacks against maritime facilities, more emphasis is being placed on the protection of critical information infrastructure within facilities and the Facility Security Officer's (FSO) role in cyber resilience.
Join us for a one-day training course focused on cyber security for FSOs. Course participants will receive instruction on how to effectively implement a cybersecurity program at your facility using the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework (CSF). Learn how to integrate cybersecurity into an existing security program and how to review a cybersecurity assessment.
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Facility Security Officers (FSOs)
- Port and Terminal Security Personnel
- Those involved in implementing a cybersecurity program at their facility
What Will I Learn in This Course?
- Identify Coast Guard guidance and requirements for cyber assessments and planning
- Discuss the links between Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) and how vulnerabilities in these networks can affect your physical security
- Understand the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- The types of cyber threats face maritime facilities
- The FSO's role in cyber security
- Integration of cyber into existing physical security plans and practices
DURATION: 1 DAY
- Brian Shajari - Maritime Physical/Cyber Security Professional, ABS Group
- Capt. David Nichols - U.S. Coast Guard (Ret)