This interactive 2½-day workshop provides an understanding of the complex nature of the major environmental regulations, such as the Clean Air Act (CAA). In addition, the workshop teaches you the skills needed to evaluate regulatory applicability and the tools to implement programs that achieve and maintain compliance with applicable regulations.
Instructors review the background of each environmental law/regulation, guide attendees through the evaluation of the applicability of these regulations, provide expert insights, and teach practical compliance strategies. Attendees work in groups to determine the applicability of the CAA, CWA, RCRA, EPCRA, and CERCLA to a fictional facility under the guidance of the instructor, and learn to develop effective compliance programs. Working examples of permits, environmental records, and reporting requirements are provided. Environmental auditing, inspections, and management strategies are also addressed.
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Those who have completed the basic Environmental Compliance Bootcamp and want to take the next steps to maximize the effectiveness of their environmental compliance efforts
- Experienced environmental professionals who want to improve the effectiveness of their existing compliance programs
What Will I Learn in This Course?
- Learn to determine the applicability of environmental regulations
- Evaluate the complexity of overlapping environmental regulatory requirements
- Practice the implementation of practical environmental compliance strategies
- Gain insight into the use of formal or informal environmental management systems to achieve and maintain compliance
- Utilize simple environmental management systems to enhance your organization's bottom line
- Understand the potential repercussions of environmental enforcement actions
- Interface with and share compliance experiences with other EH&S personnel
- 1.7 CEUs, 1.7 COCs, 2.67 CMs, ABIH approval #10-250
DURATION: 2.5 DAYS