This 3-day course takes our popular Maritime RCA / Incident Investigation course farther. It trains attendees in additional techniques for addressing complex incidents that happen aboard or involve the vessel. Attendees obtain an overview of how to structure an effective investigation program for their company and a discussion of issues that could affect an investigation and the program.
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Personnel who may be required to investigate or participate in the investigation of serious and complex incidents, including port captains / superintendents, vessel / fleet managers, technical department managers, safety directors / managers, loss prevention consultants, marine casualty investigators or their equivalent
What Will I Learn In This Course?
- Learn how to investigate serious and complex incidents and identify root causes, not just causal factors using proven techniques; Meets requirements of TMSA Element 8 and DPA Element 3
- Learn how to structure an effective investigation program and gain familiarity with issues that could affect an investigation and the program
- Receive valuable materials: course book with complete solutions to example problems; the ABS Guidance Notes on Investigation of Marine Incidents; the ABS Marine RCA Map™; and a compact disc containing: the previously mentioned material, an Excel® template for documenting the analysis techniques taught in class, and an electronic toolkit of forms, checklists, and other documents that can aid investigators in managing the investigation of a serious and complex incident
DURATION: 3 DAYS
James Rooney - Director of Training Services - Safety, Risk & Compliance
Mr. Lee Vanden-Heuvel - Manager of Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis Services, ABS Group
- Download the ABS Guidance Notes on Investigation of Marine Incidents and Supplements that include the ABS Marine RCA Map and Excel templates that can be used to document analytical techniques addressed in the course. The training and these tools will help you perform efficient and effective analyses.
- Purchase the 580-page ABS Guidance Notes on Investigation of Marine Incidents (ABS Publication 142) by emailing your request to email@example.com.